Thursday 11 April 2013

Hair hero #1 - Rituals Shikakai Secret Conditioner

I picked up this little wonder-tube at Arlanda airport shortly after New Year, following a snowy, snaps-fueled Christmas with my Swedish family. With a lot of time before my flight and the duty free urge but not a lot of money, I stumbled across this: 



I wasn't expecting it to be up to much. I only bought it because it smelt good and 40:- wasn't even going to buy me a sandwich. Although I'm a relative novice on the skincare/makeup front, I like to think I'm very experienced when it comes to hair products, especially deep conditioners. I have very dry and damaged hair that hates the regular highlights it's subjected to, as well as occasional heat abuse. I hardly ever find a product that can make a difference to it (including salon products), it's almost fine and coarse at the same time and there's a fair amount of it! In desperation, I have even tried the conditioner I use on my horse's mane and tail before.

However, this conditioner is DIVINE, it really is. Not only does this smell absolutely incredible, it leaves my hair so soft and shiny without being weighed down, I can barely believe it's my own. Not only that, but the smell lingers in your hair and so you get the occasional waft of fragrance, which I appreciate. I can't work out what I love about it more; how it makes my hair feel, or how it makes it smell.

Although I've been trying to save this for special occasions, I am nearly at the end of this bottle now, and as soon as I have finished my nothing-special-but-half-price conditioner, I am investing in the full sized version of this one as I really can't say enough good things about it.

Also, at under £10 for the full size (£8.50 to be precise), it costs considerably less and does a lot more than a lot of products out there, not to mention, a little goes a long way. I'm going out tomorrow night and I'm really looking forward to drenching my hair in this beforehand, although I'm not sure if that says more about the conditioner, or how exciting my life is currently.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha Love this blog, looking forward to reading more and will definitely be checking out this conditioner

    ReplyDelete