Sunday 14 July 2013

MAC Paint in Untitled

   Although I've mentioned this in a Basket of Favourites post before, I've decided that this product deserves a little love letter all of it's own.



   I had no idea what the MAC Paints were about until I bought this. There's a lot of hype about the Paint Pots and how great they are at making your eye makeup last all day, and when I went into MAC, I was convinced I was going to leave with one myself. I wanted something neutral with no shimmer in, just a simple, easy base that wasn't going to interfere with the colour I was going to wear, however both Painterly and Soft Ochre were not what I was looking for, with Painterly too pink and Soft Ochre too yellow. Bare Study is a beautiful colour, but has too much shimmer in for something that I wanted to be able to create a matte look with.

   The MAC girl pointed me in the direction of the Paints, saying that she personally preferred them to the Paint Pots and suggested the colour "Untitled", a great neutral colour which is hardly detectable and does not alter the colour of your eyeshadow at all. It does seem to have a teensy amount of shimmer in, which I didn't notice in store, but it is a small amount that just adds a nice sheen. It still looks very natural! It's a liquidy-cream/creamy liquid to powder formula and once it's set, it is set.


Fresh out the tube
   For £14.50, you get a very generous tube, considering the amount you need to dab on is miniscule, so I'm expecting this to last for years! The packaging is also surprisingly resilient for a tube. I was expecting it to get crushed easily and start leaking permanently or to simply explode, however it is absolutely fine, despite spending most of it's time pinned underneath glass foundation bottles in my makeup bag.

WAY too much on my hand...
   I use this every single morning and it makes my eyeshadow last 12 hours easily, from 7am until bed time at around 10 or 11pm. It's just as good for nights out and won't move at all if you're in a hot sweaty club. Even if you're a drunken crier or just have a particularly bad night, you will still have your eyeshadow in place which should help you regain your poise and elegance in no time.

... But blends in nicely for such an overload
   This has given me the confidence to actually wear eyeshadow (I had a brief love affair with blue eyeshadow when I was 11. Simply awful and since then I've sworn off it) as I don't have to worry about it creasing or moving around and having to check it every hour, it is locked in place and looks the same on every mirror check throughout the day! If you're looking for a neutral eyeshadow base then I would wholeheartedly recommend that you give this a go. They have a whole range of pretty colours and they're a lovely formula, are not drying on your skin at all (as I've heard the Paint Pots can be) and they really do anchor your eyeshadow on all day until you take it off. 

Have you tried the MAC Paints?
What do you use as an eyeshadow primer?



6 comments:

  1. omg this sounds amazing! and the tube is so big! i need to get this - i'm not using any primer at the moment, and especially in the sun my eyeshadow comes off within hours!
    great review!!
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of MAC paints before and I don't know why but I need this in my life!!! That color is so gorgeous. Following you! :)

    http://itsjessicachoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Painterly Paint Pot which I love, but I need something more for the summer. I bought NARS eyeshadow primer a little while ago and it's AMAZING! My eyeshadow doesn't budge one bit, so I'd highly recommend it! x

    Debbie | debelloyd.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a great primer - I need to give it a go! x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried this but you've made it sound so good! I've also nominated you for the Liebster Award, so check out the post on my blog about it and answer the questions I've asked, if you want! I'd love it if you did, and comment on the post if you do as I wanna come check the post out! kind of a rambling comment but I'm done now, promise!

    blog here ---> http://lydiham.blogspot.co.uk/

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  6. we haven't tried them before but it sounds promising. It looks like it blends in perfectly

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete